CBD gummies are by far the easiest way to enjoy hemp medicine, without that earthy taste. But how do they actually work? Not all CBD chews are made from the same quality ingredients or even contain the ingredients listed on the label. In other words, the best CBD gummies are tasty and have more health benefits. Here’s how they work.
What Are CBD Gummies?
Unlike movie theater candy, CBD gummies are packed with CBD, which is short for cannabidiol, a compound found in both cannabis and hemp.
But unlike the psychoactive compound THC, cannabidiol scientifically cannot make you feel high. Instead, it produces a variety of positive effects that you can feel throughout the day, without worrying about side-effects.
CBD Comes from Hemp
Though cannabidiol exists in hemp and psychoactive cannabis, the legal version comes from hemp. This is because hemp is legal in all 50 states, whereas cannabis is still a Scheduled I Substance, i.e. it’s illegal federally.
Not only does this mean that CBD gummies are 100% legal, but they won’t contain THC. So cannabidiol won’t get you high and you won’t accidentally ingest any THC, either.
The Benefits of Taking CBD
Whether you take CBD oil or gummies, they’re filled with the same beneficial compound: cannabidiol. Most people take hemp medicinally to foster a sense of calm and balance. This works because of the way that the compound interacts with the human body’s endocannabinoid system.
The endocannabinoid system controls a variety of essential functions, including mood, pain sensation, memory, fertility and more. Though the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has not shared official guidelines on how to take cannabidiol, an increasing number of people are enjoying it as a medicinal supplement.
Linalool and Limonene are two examples of terpenes that can change the aroma and flavor.
The Best CBD Gummies: What to Look For
There are more CBD gummies to choose for than ever before, meaning that there’s an enormous variety in terms of flavor, ingredients, and method of CBD extraction.
Specifically, gummy bars can contain two different types of cannabidiol:
- Full Spectrum: This type of CBD contains other terpenes, cannabinoids, and natural ingredients, including trace amounts of THC.
Some research shows that full spectrum CBD is more effective because of the Entourage Effect: This is when cannabinoids produce stronger effects when they exist side by side. Full spectrum hemp can also have different flavors and benefits.
- Isolate: The second-most popular type of cannabidiol, cannabidiol isolate is extracted from hemp without other terpenes or ingredients. This means that it doesn’t contain any THC.
Chews Work Differently Than Other Methods of Ingestion
Each method of ingesting cannabidiol has its own benefits.
- CBD Oil is often considered a fast way to take cannabidiol. This is because your body directly absorbs it into the bloodstream when you take it sublingually.
- Topicals, which are absorbed through the skin, are an effective way to target a specific area on the body. This is why research finds that cannabidiol lotion could potentially treat arthritis.
- Gummies and other CBD edibles must be absorbed through the stomach. Though this process takes longer than oil, many consider its effects to be longer-lasting.
- Vaping is the fastest way to take cannabidiol as the body absorbs it directly through the lungs.
Though not the fastest way to take cannabidiol, CBD gummies are often considered one of the easiest since they do not have the strong taste associated with oil and are the most discreet method of ingestion.
The Best CBD Gummies of 2019
The best CBD gummies are made from high-quality full-spectrum hemp. They can produce a calming, therapeutic effect to bring about day-to-day calm, help you sleep through the night, or reduce anxiety. High-quality chews are made from pesticide-free crops and all-natural ingredients.
The best way to experience the benefits of hemp is by finding the best all-natural, potent, and delicious CBD gummies.